WINTER WARM WEAR PROGRAM
Providing winter gear does not only equips the students to have a safe, fun, and healthy winter, but it also is a start of a conversation with many parents regarding other areas of instability that they may be experiencing.
It will often cost families over $75 to get their kids ready for winter.
Through our Winter Warm Wear Program, we work with families to get a winter coat, waterproof gloves, and a hat for their children.
This is a great program of all families in our area to donate their gently used winter gear – we accept donations all year long.
Winter Warm Wear Program Update:
ResourceWest has free Winter Warm Wear items available to help children & youth in the Hopkins and Minnetonka School District communities have a safe & fun winter.
- Interested in registering your children for Winter Warm Wear? Call us at 952-933-3860 or register here
- Would you like to volunteer with our Winter Warm Wear program? Email Tracie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To receive general email updates about our programs, subscribe here: https://mailchi.mp/bead2989b9e6/resourcewest
- Interested in donating? See the Drop Off Location section below
Most Needed Winter Warm Wear Items
Drop Off Locations
Donations can be dropped off at the ResourceWest office Monday – Friday, 9 am – 4 pm. 1011 First Street S, Suite #109, Hopkins.
There is a collection barrel located in the lobby, across from our office door, that is available for donations on the days and times listed above.
Due to COVID-19, our drop off availability looks different this year. If you need to arrange for a different date and time than the options listed above, please contact Tracie at Tracie@resourcewest.org.
Thank You to Our Current and Past Community Partners
A special thanks to all the wonderful businesses, organizations, and congregations in the Hopkins and Minnetonka community who generously support the Back to School program by hosting corporate collection drives, serving as a public drop site, or donating volunteer time to ResourceWest.
To qualify for this program:
- Your child(ren) must be students in the Hopkins or Minnetonka School Districts or live within those school district boundaries.
- Your family must have an income that qualifies your family for the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program. To see if you qualify, please contact us for the guidelines.
- You must have physical custody of the children.
- Your children must be under the age of 18 and registered for school.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Current utility bill (within 30 days for proof of residency)
- ID for yourself
- ID for your children (school ID, medical insurance cards, Social Security card)
For winter warm wear items needed throughout the winter – please contact our office for more information. email@example.com / (952-933-3860) or 1011 First Street South, Hopkins, MN 55343)