Toy Chest Drive
Toy Chest 2017: Distribution dates Dec 18-22
To register, call 952-933-3860 between 10am and 2pm.
ResourceWest’s Toy Chest provides new gifts to over 1,200 children of low income families living in the Hopkins and Minnetonka School Districts or the cities of Deephaven, Excelsior, Greenwood, Hopkins, Minnetonka, Shorewood, and Woodland.
Families receive one large item, one smaller item, and stocking stuffers for each child (newborn to 18 years).
Parents continue to struggle with the ever increasing costs of housing, energy, transportation, and food. In turn, family budgets are stretched thin, and parents often have less money available for gifts for the holidays.
To qualify for this program:
- Your child(ren) must be students in the Hopkins or Minnetonka School Districts or the cities of Deephaven, Excelsior, Greenwood, Hopkins, Minnetonka, Shorewood, and Woodland.
- Your family must have an income that qualifies your family for the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program. To see if you qualify, please contact us for the guidelines
- You must have physical custody of the children
- Your children must be under the age of 18 and registered for school.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Current utility bill (within 30 days for proof of residency)
- ID for yourself
- ID for your children (school ID, medical insurance cards, Social Security card)
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org / (952) 933-3860
The Story of Toy Chest
Once upon a time…… a very special bear arrived during Toy Chest time at ResourceWest. Something about this bear caught everyone’s eye, and he was carefully placed in a chair at ResourceWest. Soon it became clear….. this was a bear with a story to be told.
Years ago there was a family, with small children and a commitment to those in need. Each holiday season, the children in this family shopped for toys they really wanted, and then donated those toys to the local toy drive. Soon the children asked, “Why doesn’t Mom shop for a toy to donate? Mom loved Teddy Bears, so each season she chose a bear to be given away. Now she knew how her children felt – giving away something she really loved.
Years later, after the kids were grown, Mom heard about the Toy Chest Drive at ResourceWest. She knew what she had to do – shop for a bear to love – and then donate it to the Toy Chest program. A shopping trip to the store, and this special bear just fell off the shelf and into her arms. “I need a home,” said the bear. It was truly a bear to love!
….And so began the annual Toy Chest Drive at ResourceWest!