Back to School
Did you know the average required school supplies for an elementary student costs over $75? This does not include a backpack, or the non-traditional supplies which are grade or class-specific such as graphing calculators, art supplies, special folders, or binders.
Without this program, over 1,400 children in the Hopkins and Minnetonka school districts would have limited, or no, school supplies on the first day of school.
Imagine going to school without paper or pencils! It is difficult to believe that some families in our community can’t afford these basic necessities, but it is the reality for a growing number of families.
Through our Back-to-School program, each registered K-12 student receives a new backpack filled with basic, grade-specific school supplies. It is a great joy to watch the children pick out their new backpack and supplies. We love powering a successful start to the school year for these kids!
As the demographics of our community have changed, the number of students needing assistance has grown.
To qualify for this program:
- Your child(ren) must be students in the Hopkins or Minnetonka School Districts.
- Your family must have an income that qualifies your family for the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program. To see if you qualify, please contact us for the guidelines
- You must have physical custody of the children
- Your children must be under the age of 18 and registered for school.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Current utility bill (within 30 days for proof of residency)
- ID for yourself
- ID for your children (school ID, medical insurance cards, Social Security card)
Our office does supply needed supplies through out the school year – please contact our office for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org / (952-933-3860) or 1011 First Street South, Hopkins, MN 55343)
THANK YOU! to our 2015 Back-to-School Collection Sites:
Cargill Law Department
Coldwell Banker Burnett
Curves – Hopkins (Blake Road area)
Elks Lodge 2221
Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce
First Minnetonka Bank (Glen Lake)
First Minnetonka Bank (Hwy 7)
Great Harvest Bread Company
Hopkins City Hall
Hopkins Lodge of Western Fraternal
Mid-Country Bank (Shorewood)
Minnetonka City Hall
Shorewood City Hall
Walgreens (Hwy 7 and Hopkins Crossroad)
Westbrooke Patio Homes
For information on becoming a collection site, please contact email email@example.com (952-288-5476)