BACK TO SCHOOL PROGRAM
Providing school supplies does not only equip the students to have a stronger start to their year, but it also is a start of a conversation with many parents regarding other areas of instability that they may be experiencing.
It will often cost families up to $100 to help get their student ready for school.
Through our Back-to-School program, each registered K-12 student receives a new backpack filled with basic, grade-specific school supplies. It is a great joy to watch the children pick out their new backpack and supplies. We love powering a successful start to the school year for these kids!
School Supplies Needed 2017
School Supplies will be distributed August 28-September 1, 2017
2017 Community Partners
A special thanks to all the wonderful businesses, organizations, and congregations in the Hopkins and Minnetonka community who generously support the Back to School program by hosting corporate collection drives, serving as a public drop site, or donating volunteer time to ResourceWest.
To qualify for this program:
- Your child(ren) must be students in the Hopkins or Minnetonka School Districts.
- Your family must have an income that qualifies your family for the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program. To see if you qualify, please contact us for the guidelines
- You must have physical custody of the children
- Your children must be under the age of 18 and registered for school.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Current utility bill (within 30 days for proof of residency)
- ID for yourself
- ID for your children (school ID, medical insurance cards, Social Security card)
Our office does supply needed supplies through out the school year – please contact our office for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org / (952-933-3860) or 1011 First Street South, Hopkins, MN 55343)