ResourceWest, a responsive community-based organization, assists people and strengthens the west metro community through collaborative programs and connections to resources.
We help build a healthier and stronger local community by connecting individuals and families to resources. We have been providing this support and assistance to our community since 1993.
Our core programs serve people of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds with a deep impact in the western suburbs. Our children’s programs reach the cities of Minnetonka, Hopkins, Excelsior, Shorewood, Deephaven, Woodland, and Greenwood.
We collaborate with community partners connecting individuals and families to available programs and services to meet their needs. Connecting west metro residents to community resources and support is our daily mission.
We coordinate annual drives for school supplies, winter coats and gifts, coordinate a computer center and community meeting rooms, and host Relate Counseling, Hennepin Economic Assistance Outreach, and Accountability MN’s tax preparation services in order for them to provide services on site for our community.
Impact in 2016:
- ResourceWest made over 10,000 resource connections for people looking for food, housing, healthcare, jobs, education, and more;
- The Social Services Program provided personalized social service support to over 900 adults and families in crisis due to homelessness, sudden loss of income, health issues, or transportation issues;
- Community Technology Center volunteers assisted people with writing resumes, filling out on-line job applications, and improving computer skills – over 950 visitors;
- The Back to School Drive provided school supplies to over 1,150 students;
- Winter Warm Wear program distributed over 2,200 items of Warm Wear to over 1,200 children;
- The Toy Chest provided 5,700 gifts to over 1,000 children;
- Prepare + Prosper – served 850 people with refunds totaling over $2.4 million;
- HousingLink – we provided access to information via this website which lists affordable housing vacancies in the seven (7) county metropolitan area
ResourceWest offers direct services that include:
- Information and Referral service
- Social Services Program (Licensed Social Worker)
- Community Technology Center
- Back-to-School (school supply drive)
- Winter Warm Wear (Winter outer wear clothing drive)
- Toy Chest (Holiday gift drive)
- Community Meeting Room
- Free fax, copier, and phone use (with some limitations)
ResourceWest also hosts the following agencies: